July 2, 2012

Female Head Study 1

Concentrating on doing some more realistic heads lately. I want to be able to do a decent female head right now. So I'll be going through a lot of different sculpts in the next week trying to get techniques down. I'll probably move on after that and maybe do some non-human sculpting. Its so much more fun when you can just do whatever you want and not be held in place by reality!


Biggest problems with this one was that it turned out looking too young. Size of the eyes may play a lot into this. I also had some problems at first getting the proportions down on the head, as you can still see in the side and even the 3/4 view. The forehead is a little bulbus as well now that I take a second look at it...

Things I liked in this sculpt were the lips. My past lips have been pretty ugly. These started to work out a lot better. I also like my attempt at the eyes. The feel more form fitted around the actual eyeballs rather than just put over the top.
 
MAKING OF VIDEO

No comments:

Post a Comment